Monday, September 20, 2010

Pictures I Love: Plus-size models!


I am so excited to share with you this post! These pictures are ones that I love and I know you will love them as well! I love some of these so much that months ago I printed them out and created a collage in my room using these pictures. They are beautiful, artistic, creative, fashionable, striking, in vogue and stylish.

Back in February of this year I posted a blog entitled "Plus size models are beautiful" and some of these pictures are also featured in that post. As some of you know and according to the world of fashion and being stick-thin, plus size models must be at least 5'9'' in height and are typically (on average) size 12 or 14. Sometimes modeling agencies may use a size 10 or size 16 woman but rarely anything above a size 16. To you and me, a size 12 doesn't seem so "plus size" but to the modeling world and to the world of fashion and fame where most of the women are between the sizes of 0 and 6, a size 12 clearly defines you as plus size. There is something very wrong with this. Personally, I feel that some of these plus size women are much more attractive to look at rather than some of the size 0's I have seen on the runway and in the magazines.

As you are about to see, plus size is beautiful. In my opinion beauty comes from the inside and what you are blessed with on the outside is just an extra bonus. We all know it can be hard to be plus size in this world we live in today. Sometimes it can be hard to find clothes, hard to be included at school and in the workplace, hard to find love, hard to be heard, hard to find friends, hard to fit into society. What happened to the days when being fat and having pale skin meant you are beautiful and accomplished?! I come from the opinion that we are curvy and we are beautiful so take it or leave it. You don't have to like me or agree with me but this is who I am and what "they" say doesn't change me on the inside or the outside.

**************

And now for the pictures I love...I bring to you these gorgeous and sexy plus size models!! Most of these women are either a size 12 or 14 with the exception of the woman in the second and last picture (this is the same woman). She currently does modeling and acting and lives in Paris. She proudly announces her size as a 4X and weighs about 300 pounds. This picture of her is from the Jean Paul Gaultier runway show during Paris Fashion Week. She caught the eye of every fashion critic and helped proved the point that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Good for her!!

Enjoy!























16 comments:

  1. Loved this! there is some amazing plus sized models out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! It makes me so sad when I see size 0 as being acceptable by the mainstream fashion world, yet women like these, who are by far more beautiful to look at, and are much better role models for young girls out there, are rejected.

    Thanks. V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post and the pictures you showed, as beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, but as we all know, models like Velvet D’Amour (the last model) do not represent a healthy image. As being too thin is not healthy, being her weight is not healthy either. If it was, we would not be trying to lose weight to better our looks and our health. Yes, I understand JPG was trying to send a message, but I don't see her as good example for plus size modeling, if anything it seems explotative, like she was used for shock value. Just my opinion, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie- I totally agree with you. It is not healthy to be 100 pounds nor is it healthy to be 300 pounds. But I love this picture for the sheer nerve it takes to walk the catwalk wearing this clothing for the world to see. I love her for her willingness to show the world who she is...all 300 pounds of her. She definitely could lose a few lbs but this had never happened in the fashion world and I appreciate the message that was sent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. where is everyone's cellulite!! LOL! Air brushed out I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those girls are gorgeous! I always said that if I could look like anyone, it would be Kate Dillon. (She's in the group shot) I think she's just absolutely STUNNING.

    I'm over looking at models with sunken cheekbones who look malnourished. I think that the fashion world puts too much pressure on them to be thin, just as much as society puts pressure on overweight people to lose weight. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it... love Crystal Renn SO SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool pics. Agree that saying a size 12 is plus size is irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ran into your blog and wanted to stop by and say hi! Look forward to following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite posts EVAAA, Kristen!!! Well said, well done.
    Wish I'd had a chance to catch up with you in Chicago, but can I please say?... YOU ARE GORGEOUS... Your pre-op pics look just as beautiful as you looked last weekend. I mean that as a compliment, so please take it as such. Hope to see you at BOOBs 2011!
    Blessings,
    Robin at Band on the Run

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love +size.
    They are strangely sexy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these pics are hot, give me a plus sized model anyday. stick your size 0's where the sun dont shine!! love the tee, please feed the models, cool!!
    ad's

    ReplyDelete
  13. much of the women on plus size are actually normal.. they should make 3 categories of model.. skinny (cause some girls are naturally skinny, no kidding)...the normal (where normal sizes exist! some of those pictures look like pretty nice normal ones)...and the REAL plus size.. cause there are different sizes and we want to see clothes that we normal, plus size women want to see and imagine if it will look good on us! yet I love how that blond bikini one looks.. :)
    as well as the other...but mostly that one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. models who look like real women! It used to be that a required qualification for all female models was skinniness that bordere. I want to be a plus size model

    ReplyDelete