Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pictures I Love: Cakes!

I love photography. I have a passion for it. Everything about it makes me happy. You can capture a moment in time and treasure it forever. Photographs can bring back special memories that otherwise might have been forgotten. Photographs can evoke feelings of excitement, happiness, joy, cheerfulness, pride and even sometimes pain, sorrow, heartache and strife.

I want to share with you pictures of things I love. Maybe you love pictures like me, maybe you don't but they are each beautiful in their own way. This is going to be a reoccurring post I do each week and I will entitle each post "Pictures I Love". Each time the pictures will be a different theme!

This week I wanted to share with you some of my favorite cakes! A lot of them are in some way fashion themed and maybe that is why I love them so much. I know...this is a random theme to start off with but currently my mom is baking a cake downstairs and the entire house smells delicious! So I thought...why not? Hope this doesn't make you want to sin! I wouldn't want that but hope you enjoy the pictures :)

**********************************















Last but not least, this cake is a life size Barbie doll cake! It was designed by a french fashion designer for the 50th anniversary of Barbie! The top half of the cake is a mannequin and the bottom half is layers and layers of chocolate mud cake covered with icing and sprayed gold! I just love it!



Have a great Saturday night everyone!!

9 comments:

  1. I think you need to have either a great-looking fashionista cake for your shower (or one of them) or a bride's cake, groom's cake, and wedding cake for your wedding. You almost have to have a cake like one of the above with your major and interests. Those are awesome!

    Btw, I am in Birmingham right now. My husband is at the game in Tuscaloosa (and we stay with one of his friends in Tuscaloosa when we come). I stayed here because tickets were high, and I have a big project I've been working on all day while he's been tailgating and having a good ole time (waaa). I know it's really last minute, but I could probably get together tonight for dinner if you could. Message me on FB if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that Barbie cake! I want her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! I would love, love to have the talent to make cakes like that. I've considered taking classes. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with the chandelier one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the cakes!! Did you get your tix yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pictures too so keep posting. They are each a story in themselves without a lot of words. I'm trying to do the same-can I use the same title? The Thousand Word Thursday idea from Amy is great, except I can't always post that day. Happy Snapping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - every time I saw another one I thought it was my fave until I saw the next one. Those are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have recently gotten into those cake shows, not the competition ones, but the wedding cake ones. They just fascinate me to no end. I don't know how anyone could eat some of them! They are just awesome! I also love photography, so having said that, as a new follower to your blog, I look forward to you photo blogs moving forward!

    ReplyDelete