Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas y'all!

Merry Christmas!
I can't believe it is already Christmas Eve! The most wonderful time of the year :)


I'm sitting in the den with my mom, my dad and Burch in front of the fire watching Elf. Love this movie! So Christmas around the Redmond household is non-stop for about 4 days. Last night we enjoyed Christmas with all of our extended family on my dad's side...there were about 40 people there. Food was delicious (I tried to only get a bite of each food instead of a huge spoon full) and we played a mad game of dirty santa.

Tonight we are going to spend Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family. Another game of dirty santa will take place and we are having h'orderves for dinner. Tomorrow my mom is working (she is a nurse and has to work on Christmas every 3 years) so we will be waking up around 5 in the morning to see what Santa brought us! After that my grandparents and aunts and uncles on my dad's side are coming over for breakfast at our house. For lunch we are headed to my cousin Lindsay's house for lunch with my mom's side. And for dinner it is back over to my grandparents for our family Christmas get-together with my dad's side. And of course we finish our festivities by shopping the day after Christmas with my mom, my aunt and my cousins.

Aren't Christmas traditions the best? I know some people that may not live close to their families or may have a small family enjoy a quiet Christmas but it is far from dull in our family! And trying not to eat 3,000 calories a day is always a challenge during the holidays with so much good food everywhere I turn. Until the new year my goal is to try and stay at the same weight and not gain. It may be a little unrealistic to want to lose weight during Christmas but I will be happy if I don't gain. Fingers crossed!

I hope each one of you have a very Merry Christmas. It is so important to remember that Jesus is the reason for the season. Family and friends make the holidays special, presents are always fun to give and receive, the Christmas decorations are beautiful but most of all it is the day our Savior was born so long ago. May your Christmas be the best you have ever had and you are surrounded by the ones you love. Merry Christmas!

**************

These are pictures from our Christmas get-together with my dad's side of the family last night! Enjoy!










6 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. We are spending the day watching Christmas movies and are in the middle of Polar Express right now. I think Grinch is next on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin - looks like you and your family are having a beautiful Christmas! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Kristen... It looks like you're having a wonderful Christmas so far... You are right Jesus is the reason for the season. Jesus wasn't actually born in December but it is when we celebrate his birth. Enjoy your family and I look forward to more photos... and next year when I'll be back with my wonderful family. *Maria*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete