Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Home from the bachelorette weekend....

....And it wasn't good for my weight loss! HA! The scale sure did move but unfortunately it moved in the wrong direction. But hey, at least I know the scale moves right?!

For those of yall I didnt tell, my cousin Lindsay is getting married on March 13th and I have desperately been trying to lose enough weight so that I can be below 220 pounds at her wedding. The weight loss was going great and I went from 232 down to 230...then down to 227 and my lowest weight was last week when I got to 225!


THEN....on Friday....THE BACHELORETTE WEEKEND BEGAN!! AHHH! Let me say we had the absolute best time! Lindsay has 9 bridesmaids and then her...so all 10 of us stayed in this super nice hotel room suite and had the time of our lives! But of course, I ate like a very bad girl and my band wasn't too happy with me! Friday night we ate at a Japanese restaurant with the hibachi grill and that is with no question my favorite type of food! I decided to eat what I always ate pre-surgery and got the teriyaki chicken with fried rice and a salad with ginger dressing! I later looked up the calories and nutrition facts for the meal I ate and it came out to about 1,000 calories for that meal. Honestly I thought it would be more so I was fine with this fact. I was good the rest of the night while all the skinny girls are snacking at 2 in the morning on chips and soft drinks and cookies! Ugh...self control is so hard sometimes especially around a lot of skinny girls that can eat whatever and whenever!


Saturday I decided to be a good girl and eat healthy for breakfast and lunch. But dinner and after dinner is what got me in trouble. We had Lindsay's lingerie shower Saturday night and they had the best punch in the world, which I had like 3 cups of, little quesadillas, chips and cheese dip, sausage balls, crackers and cheese and mini turkey sandwiches. I had a little sample of everything but I have no doubt in my mind the calories in all of it together was terrible! AHH! Then for dessert we went to the Melting Pot and I had my fair share of chocolate and treats. Then to top it all off, Saturday night in the wee hours of the morning I had another mini turkey sandwich and a cookie!

Sunday we surprised Lindsay with a ticket to the Bromberg's Bridal Brunch! And when we purchased the tickets we ordered two so Lindsay didn't have to go alone and the girls voted on me to go with her! We had the best time. It was at the Wynfrey hotel, which is a luxury hotel here in Birmingham and they served us a gourmet brunch and we got to see all the fabulous bridal things Bromberg's has to offer. Many people spoke about wedding planning and also Melissa from the Bachelor was there with her now husband, Tye Strickland, to speak about her recent wedding and reality show experiences. She was super cute and her and her husband are so freaking adorable together! We got to talk to her and meet her and take some pictures! A great way to end the weekend!

So there you have it! And like you probably guessed, I DREADED getting on my scale Monday morning! But I did it and the scale read.........drumroll please......................228 pounds!! So of course my bad eating backfired and I gained 3 pounds this past weekend but I am just glad it wasnt more! I told myself I wasnt going to starve myself during the bachelorette weekend and that I would let myself splurge a little bit. Well I sure did splurge a little but I dont feel too bad about it. But this does make being below 220 pounds a little harder by March 13th haha! That means losing 9 pounds in 11 days!!


And now...here are some pictures from this weekend :) Enjoy!!





















10 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I love my GNOs (just had one last night) and once in a while we have a Girls' weekend. This year, we are going to Ocean City, Maryland for Thurs thru Sunday. I'm so glad my husband and I have the kind of relationship where we can each do our own thing once in a while. Of course it helps that our kids are a little older (11 and 14). And no matter how much more weight you end up losing, you're going to look beautiful for your cousin's wedding. Can't wait to see the pictures from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. What were y'all doing with the crafts (mugs and paint, I think)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time and if 3 pounds is all you had to gain for it, I say it was worth it!! Now you just have to work your butt off this week to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome pics....i'm with Janelle 3 lbs isn't a lot to pay for a great weekend!! I'm sure it'll go back down in no time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks like you had an awesome weekend. Good job not beating yourself up about it, it never helps anyway, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, good job not beating yourself up! You enjoyed and that, to me, is what life is all about! It will come off and you are having fun in the process! What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, what a great girls weekend. You got to meet Melissa Rycroft. She is so cute. 3lbs is nothing girl, you'll be back at 225 in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I nominated you for an award. See my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Sunshine Award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drazil and LDSwims--

    Thank you girls so much for my Sunshine award!! I appreciate it so much :) I am sorry I have been out of the loop for the past week or so on here!! I am going to post TONIGHT!

    ReplyDelete