Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Weigh-In

! This morning things were looking good on the scale. Sometimes our scales love us and sometimes they really don't like us. But today I am super excited!!

I hit my lowest ever of....

186.8 pounds!!

Goodness! My monthly goal is to be at 185 pounds by June 1st. I am thinking that shouldn't be too hard considering I have 22 days to lose 2 pounds :)

Total weight loss: 73 pounds
Total weight to lose: 27 pounds!!


*********************

I had a huge NSV tonight!! Back when I worked at Anthropologie, before my surgery at the weight of 260 pounds, I would buy all kinds of clothes because I could get them for such good prices. Designer dresses, designer jeans, jewelry....at like 70% off and sometimes more than that!

Back in the summer of 2009 we had a pair of Joe's Jean denim capris go on sale from $178 to $99. Then they went on sale from $99 to $49 and I eventually got them for like $20! One problem, they were a size 32 (US size 14). I was a size 20/22 at this point and could literally barely get them over my knees. Every 3 or 4 months since my surgery I can put them on a slide them a little higher but still way to small for me.

The last time I tried them on before tonight was right after Christmas. I got them to barely come all the way up but the zipper was so far from zipping it wasn't even funny. I saw them hanging in my closet tonight and decided to try them on.

I couldn't believe what happened. They fit! Completely fit without the slightly pulling or sucking in. They are such a perfect fit around my waist and on my legs...I couldn't believe what happened!

Now that I know I can fit into Anthropologie's pants and jeans there is a big shopping spree in my future. I can finally buy the clothes I have loved for years.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, isn't that just the best feeling ever ! I live in Australia and have been reading your blog for a few months now. Let me just say that you are a very beautiful lady and thats only going to get better from here, all i can say is look out fella's :-) I also have dropped from a size 26 to 14 and going shopping now is just AWESOME FUN not at all like it used to be! Good Luck for the future.....Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful scale and non-scale victory. It's like going shopping in your own closet! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic! That must have been such an emotional moment, getting those jeans on. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jeans NSV! I just fit into a pair of Joe's Jeans size 31, miracle! I heart designer jeans now.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the day when I can fit in "normal" clothes and walk into ANY store to shop! Must feel wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete