Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's been a while...

Where do I even begin?

First of all, I never intended to be on a 2 month hiatus from my blog and thank you to those of you who stuck around! So many things have happened since May when I did my last post. It's been a roller coaster ride to say the least but I am happy and that is what matters the most.

I guess there is no easy way to post this so I will go ahead and get it out of the way. Burch and I, who I was with for 3 years, broke up at the beginning of May. Without going into too many details out of respect for him, I will just say the relationship took its course and we are better off not being together. It was my decision and it was definitely not mutual but I hope and pray he finds happiness again. He is a great guy who deserves so much in life but I realized that lifetime partner he needs is not me. It was a hard decision but one that had to be made.

With all that said, I have found happiness again and couldn't be better. I am dating a guy named Kevin. I have known his brother for the past year and a half and that is how we met. He is so precious to me and treats me like a princess and is one of most genuine, sincere, caring guys I have ever come to know. I feel privileged that God brought him to me and I look forward to what the future holds.

Now....

as for my weight loss...

Haha!

It has been a roller coaster. I just got home yesterday from an 8-day beach trip with the family and I definitely gained some weight during this trip (as expected).

The lowest I have seen on the scale since I posted last was around 181 pounds and that was sometime towards the beginning of June. The day I left for the beach my scale read 182.6 pounds. And as of this morning my scale read 186 pounds. That is a 3.5 pound gain at the beach which is unfortunate but somewhere around what I expected.

My ultimate goal is to lose 100 pounds by my 2 year bandiversary which is on October 23. My starting weight was 260 pounds and my goal is to be at 160 pounds. I currently weigh 186 pounds so that would mean I need to lose 26 pounds in the next 3 months. This goal is difficult but attainable. Starting tomorrow (haha it is always tomorrow, isn't it?) I have to get back on track. I am a member at Snap Fitness and for the next three months I need to be taking advantage of this. I will do the best I can and I intend to keep yall updated a little more often than once every 2 months!

Thanks again for sticking around and keeping up with me! Below are just a few pictures from the past few weeks! Have a great week!!







6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You sound in great spirits and looks like you are having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so glad you are back to blogging. I missed you :) Is that your new guy in the last picture with you? Handsome, and you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back. Do you have any pics of your new guy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back! Your photos are so beautiful that they look fake... Supermodel, you were missed. Hopefully, I'll get to see you in NYC when you come up. *M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, break ups are never easy. Hang in there. The good news is that you can totally rock white pants!!! What's your secret? Oh yeah, you're young.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back lady :) I was gone for awhile too...it happens :)

    ReplyDelete