Wednesday, May 12, 2010

S L A C K E R...That is my name lately

I have been a slacker in the blog world and with my weight loss.

To prove my point, I have gained....not lost....gained 2 pounds in the last month. This is only because of my laziness and bad habits. For the last month I have been eating whatever and whenever and it is because I havent been on a normal daily schedule that I am used to. I started a new job about 3 weeks ago and I have different hours and a totally different schedule than when I was at Anthropologie. At my old job I was used to eating a healthy breakfast in the morning before work, taking my break at noon everyday and eating my lunch I made at home and then getting home at 5 just in time for an early dinner. Now Im working some days 9-6 which isnt so bad and some days Im working 12-9 which completely messes up my day when it comes to eating good. Also right near where I work there is a mexican restaurant, McAlister's, O'Charleys and a chinese place so that is sadly where I have been eating for a majority of the past 3 weeks. Im not afraid to admit it because its my problem and something I have to fix.

Im actually surprised I haven't gained more than two pounds...that is one plus of this situation.

But after watching the Biggest Loser last night and getting my weekly dose of weight loss inspiration, I am starting over (for the 50th time)....but nevertheless....starting over.

I have been wanting to join a gym...badly. I have always just been the type to go work out outside...just run around the block or at a track outside but I want to join an actual gym. The gym by my house is Snap Fitness and its open 24 hours a day. Its only $30.00 a person per month which is pretty cheap for a gym. Im thinking if Im actually paying to use it, I will go more often.


Anyways, Im not down and depressed....just a little upset with myself for not trying.

Oh yeah...one more exciting fact. My mom got approved today by her insurance for the lap band! Ever since I had the surgery she has been wanting it and just recently got serious about it! And she got the letter today saying she is approved!! Im so excited for her...she is beautiful inside and out anyways so I cant imagine when she loses weight!


Have a good Wednesday night! Off to watch idol....not sure who I want to go home! I like Lee and Casey...sadly Crystal is my least favorite.

10 comments:

  1. You gotta be a good role model for your Mom so get back on track girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your mom!! When's the last time you got a fill? The band works much better for me when I keep completley on top of my fills. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Jenny, it sounds like you need a fill girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. It's great to see how your success has inspired others. Get back up there and make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful about your mom. Good luck getting back on track. It'll happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your mom. I know it's hard to get back on track once you're off, but you can do it, maybe a fill will help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you can get back on track. Your story and journey is very motivational. Thanks for inspiring me throught this to do better in my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting for your mom!! Some months are good some are bad, you will get back on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am right there with ya on the bad habits die hard, huh? I have been eating all the time too and not so great foods! I am getting a fill on Monday though and I pray that helps! Maybe you should get one soon too, sounds like you could use it! Hope you get to join the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree with everyone else. sounds like you need a fill. that's great about your mom! my mom was banded as well. we did it on the same day. it's amazing to have such a great support system as a mother/daughter team doing this. you'll find that you guys are you're greatest support systems.

    ReplyDelete